Friday, December 5, 2008

My Father's Daughter...

I am my father's daughter.

So I decided to be in the holiday spirit & put up christmas lights on my sliding glass doors. I dont have special hooks to keep them straight... so I went to it with a roll of clear packing tape. It took my over half an hour & half a roll of tape (because each light had to be exactly straight) but when it was done I felt very festive & accomplished. I turned them on and went about my business...

The next night I drove by (out of my way) just to see if the lights looked good from the road... YOU COULDN'T SEE THEM! The stupid metal frame on the doors was blocking them, so it just looked like my door had a halo around it, NOT lights. Grr!

I had taped them to the door frame thinking you could see them, the metal frame on the glass is only an inch wide. Apparently that inch made all the difference, and I was very angry with myself for not taking that into account! Anywho, it took me a few days to build up the desire to RE-DO the work, but I did last night, and they are beautiful, straight, and visible from 256th. My fix: I taped em directly to the window & the metal frame around it. What an ordeal.

Tonight... I tackle the Christmas Tree!

4 comments:

Angie said...

You should come do mine. I did that before when we lived in Auburn, and then I realized you couldn't see them outside. It was frustrating. The tape didn't stick on my windows either because of the condensation. What kind of tape did you use? xoxo

Stephanie said...

I wish I could decorate something. By the time we move in, it will be too late to be worth the trouble.

Rachael said...

That is too funny! Let me know when you need a trim. I'm pretty open and we're mostly settled now. Talk to you soon!

Elizabeth said...

Ok so I totally saw your lights from 256th and thought, hey, that's Darci's place, the ights just make it that much more obvious!