Monday, September 15, 2008

9/15/08

No fun! The power went out at my work today (which is normally a fun thing). Apparently they say the entire city of Tukwilla was out. Weird. Anywho, I lost all my work & then had to re-do it all. Once I was done, I started on another task & the power went out AGAIN, and I lost that task. Apparently I dont hit SAVE enough! OK, I get the message! ... SAVE is my new best friend.
----------------------------
Also, somehow I hoarded in on another departments lunch... oops. I was talking to 3 people from the CC/Sales dept while we were standing outside (we evacuated when the power went out, WHY we evacuated is beyond me), when a Boss-man told us all to take an hour break & come back later to see if the power was on.

So there we stood, when we started talking about where to go for lunch, someone said "Torrero's" and off we went. Noone thought to mention to me that it was not just the 4 of us... we got to the restaurant and their WHOLE DEPT was there. I figured they just all decided to go to lunch. We ate, talked, & laughed about a horrible big-wig-guy that was fired that morning (Good times). When the check came, I was expecting my own bill. but ONE bill went to LJO. When people started thanking her it dawned on me that I looked like a total mooch. Oy. I appologized for crashing their party & asked if I could pay my portion. She turned me down cuz the company was paying... but still, I felt like a clod.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Silly story. Free lunch is always good, but I would feel weird about it too. Hopefully they can get the power thing figured out.

Darci Kim said...

How do I add friends to my page?

Angie said...

Oops. That's embarrassing.