Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Novel Aspirations

I laid out a very very general plot outline for the book I want to write. I figure I love to read, and I love to write, and, per my mom, have a very vivid imagination when writing (Inside joke, tee hee). I'm still working on some sort of plot catch or twist that would make people want to read it. I don't actually plan on trying to get it published, I'm nowhere near that good at writing, but who can honestly say that they have written a BOOK. So I'm working for the next few months developing good character personalities & relationships.

I'm hoping I will get a laptop for Christmas, or something, because I would like to be able to write comfortably. Sitting at my dinner table in my uncomfortable wooden chair for any extended period of time just doesn't inspire me into action. So for now, its outlines & such. I figure if I develop my story for the next few months I should be able to actually start the writing portion this winter. That's the plan at least. It is always nice to have something worthwhile to do in your spare time. Reading is a good past time, but I read so quickly that its becoming expensive, since I buy each book in order to read it.

I may be crazy, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something interesting. Maybe I will let people read parts of it, maybe not. It all depends on how bad it stinks... I may be too embarrassed to show anyone. I may be so bad at it that I refuse to even continue, OR, I could be good at it. Who knows until you try right?!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm excited to read it!

Crystal Lynn said...

Yay! I am excited you have entered the blogging world. Its so much fun. And, In reading your previous post, my family is obsessed with Firefly as well... Weird didnt think I would ever meet anyone else like that. HA! Good to hear from you!
Loves, C

Stephanie said...

I'll be there this weekend, I can help you add friends this weekend if you don't get it done before that.

Angie said...

That's exciting! Allen always says his dream job is writing books. I told him that if that's his dream job he better start writing. He's been working on compiling ideas, outlines, etc. I think the best writers are readers. :) I hope you'll let me read some of your stuff.

Angie said...

Oh, and if you need help adding friends, I would really suggest that you use google reader. Once you input all of the URLs into google reader, you can transfer them directly onto your blog. :) xoxo

Diane said...

You have always been a good writer! Maybe you'll take a class sometime if you need help with your book, or for fun.
re: 2nd paragraph--it's called a "library"
Love you!

Grandma Williams said...

I want to read it - totally. This is Alaina, not Grandma, I'm adding you to the google reader account I"m making and just couldn't resist commenting.

So... let me read your book when you're done and I'll be super impressed, I promise. :)